Longest in Western Canada!
Summer Tubing Slide at Canyon Ski Resort
Coming in June! Tickets will be made available closer to opening day.
Steepest Incline %
Track Length (feet)
Minimum Height To Ride
Come try our NEW Summer Tubing Slide!
Experience the thrill of sliding down a hill without snow! Summer tubing is an activity that everyone in the family can enjoy, from kids to grandparents. Come and have some fun in the sun together! And getting to the top of the hill is easy since we have uphill conveyors or a “Magic Carpet” that does the work for you!
For safety reasons, riders must be at least 36 inches tall to participate in tubing. To ensure the safety of all riders, we do not allow multiple passengers or children riding on laps. Only one person per tube is permitted.
Longest Summer Tube Slide in Western Canada!
Brought to you by KeyAg Kubota
Don’t forget to tag us!
Summer Tubing Ticket Rates
GST not included in Listed Prices
|1 Run Wristband||$5|
|3 Run Wristband||$14|
|5 Run Wristband||$22|
|7 Run Wristband||$30|
|9 Run Wristband||$35|
Buy online to guarantee your spot!
Runs are NOT transferable and may be revoked for misuse or violation of the Tubing Rules
- Must be 36 inches or taller to ride
- Only one person per tube, no exceptions
Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ’s COMING SOON
Click on each heading for answers to Canyon Summer Tubing Frequently Asked Questions
What is Summer Tubing at Canyon Like?
Located on the same amazing hill as our winter tubing, the summer tubing has two lanes of fun on Neveplast runs! Neveplast, which is made in Italy, and was created and patented in 1998, is the very first synthetic material certified with the same slipperiness as real snow. Since then the company has produced artificial ski slopes able to replicate the feeling of skiing, snowboarding and tubing on a layer of compact snow.
Our runs are 453 feet in length – the largest of its kind in Western Canada!
How do you get to the top?
You ride an uphill conveyor lift known as a ‘Magic Carpet’ which brings you and your tube to the top of the hill. No hiking is required!
Is there anywhere for me to store my bags?
Please leave all belongings and valuables in your vehicle.
How do I get to the Summer Tubing at Canyon?
The Summer Tubing Park is located at the upper lodge at Canyon Ski Resort, in Red Deer Alberta.
When you arrive at Canyon Ski Resort’s main Red Gate, you will see signage instructing you to take the immediate left fork toward the parking lot. You do not drive down the hill. There is no public access on the lower road leading to the main lodge as it is a privately rented event hall. There is no public river access.
Who can ride on the Summer Tubes?
Riders must be at least 36 inches tall to participate in tubing. To ensure the safety of all riders, we do not allow multiple passengers or children riding on laps. Only one person per tube is permitted.
Sandals, flip flops, or any other open-toe shoes are not recommended. Hats are also not recommended as they can fly off.
When is the Summer Tubing open?
We are projected to open this NEW attraction sometime in JUNE – Stay Tuned!
You can see a full calendar of our hours over at www.canyonski.ca/hours
We expect mornings to be quieter than afternoons, so visit early and plan to make a day of it exploring our beautiful sights and eats!
How to buy tickets for the Summer Tubing?
Summer Tubing Tickets are sold by the number of runs a person will be taking. You will have to pick a date and an arrival time when purchasing Summer Tubing tickets.
Your tubing rides will be valid until the end of the day – use them all at once or spread them out and make it an all-day activity!
With beautiful views, and delicious food and beverage options consider making a day of it out on our patio this summer!
Walk-ups may be purchased at the Upper Village Lodge, though we may sell out on busy days/times.
To avoid disappointment, pre-purchase your tickets ahead online.
An account will be required to complete your purchase, but each rider does not need to be registered for. Example: one person can purchase a set of 4 tickets for their family without having to register all 4 family members.
After parking you will walk to the Upper Village area and check-in at the Ticket Window. If you have not pre-purchased your tickets online there may be a chance to purchase a walk-up ticket (depending on availability).
Upon checking in, you will receive your tubing ticket. Tickets are not transferrable and must be secured on each rider’s wrists. Your tubing arrival time is when you are scheduled and permitted to enter the tubing line up. Late arrivals will be permitted on first come first serve basis.
*SELF CHECK-IN KIOSKS COMING SOON*
If you have a Canyon Resort gift card and would like to make a purchase with it for the Tubing Slide, please contact Guest Services to assist with booking. firstname.lastname@example.org 403-346-5588.
Is the Summer Tubing Accessible to everyone?
Limited Mobility: Support person required. Wheelchairs are not permitted on magic carpet lift.
Hard of Hearing: Yes
Deaf Friendly: Yes
Low Vision: Support person required
Vision Loss: Support person required
Experience Required: No
Minimum Height: 36”
Can my tickets be refunded?
Tickets are non-refundable and or non-transferrable to another date, no refunds will be permitted.
Tickets are only for the day purchased. You must select your arrival time when purchasing tickets. Mornings are typically less busy than afternoons. Late arrivals will have to wait in standby for next available time. Unused runs/wristbands from previous days will not be accepted.
Tickets are based on number of runs desired and tubes are handed out on a first-come first-serve basis.
What about bad weather?
The Tubing Slide can operate in light rain, but cannot operate in storms and heavy rain. In the event of closure due to heavy rain at the resort (not where you are coming from), your tickets will be credited to use at any future time (no expiry). You will receive a confirmation email showing the credits. To rebook, simply call or email in and state you can account credits to use.
Do you offer group discounts?
Summer tubing is a perfect group, family, or corporate event activity! Groups can privately rent the Summer Tubing Slide for up to 100 guests at the cost of $2000/2 hour time slot outside of public tubing hours. Contact email@example.com for more information regarding group bookings and catering options.
How to redeem tickets for the Summer Tubing?
You will be emailed a copy of your online order. There is a barcode on the emailed receipt that will be scanned at our Guest Services ticket window. That is where you will be given your wristbands for the day.
*SELF CHECK-IN KIOSKS COMING SOON*
Does Canyon have an Upper Lodge?
Our new upper lodge opened in 2022. It offers tickets, food and beverage service.
The scenery is always a treat to behold at the top of our Canyon looking down towards the Red Deer River. Enjoy a picnic in our park, walk along the upper Canyon ridge line, or take a seat in our brand-new dining area complete with giant floor-to-ceiling windows looking out at the view!
What is the menu at Canyon Ski Resort’s Upper Lodge?
Order by scanning the QR code posted on signs in our Upper Village or by stopping by the guest service window.
- 6oz Gourmet Beef Burger
- Grilled Polish Sausage
- Canyons Famous Poutine
- Chicken Caesar Salad
- Canyon Tale Dessert (available in: Cinnamon Sugar with Lemon, Nutella with Strawberry, or Nutella with Banana)
- Kids Chicken Strips and Fries
- Kids Hotdog and Fries
- Bottle Water
- Craft Beer/Cider
Can I bring a camera with me?
Handheld devices including phones and action cameras are not permitted. If you wish to use an action camera, you must use a chest harness or headmount.
Summer Tubing Terms & Conditions
Terms & Conditions
- Tickets are non-refundable and runs cannot be transferred, no refunds will be permitted.
- Tickets are only for the day + time purchased. Late arrivals will have to wait in standby for next available time. Unused tickets and runs from previous days will not be accepted.
- Every user rides this sports facility at their own risk. Every users is responsible for his/her riding behaviour.
- Riders must be a minimum of 36 inches tall.
- Animals or umbrellas, walking sticks and other bulky, pointed or loose objects may not be taken onto the slide.
- People under the influence of intoxicants (alcohol, drugs and sensory influencing drugs, etc.) are not allowed to ride.
- Smoking is prohibited during the ride.
- Accidents must be reported immediately to the operating personnel.
- Handheld devices including phones and action cameras are not permitted. If you wish to use an action camera, you must use a chest harness or headmount.
- Riders must have sufficient physical dexterity, ability and knowledge to safely load, ride and unload the tubes.
- The slide may need to be suspended temporarily or closed during any heavy rain, thunderstorms, lightning or high winds. The tube slide will reopen as soon as safe operations can be assured.
- Always follow the instructions given by our trained staff members.
- Only one person per tube is allowed.
- Keep your arms and legs inside the tube at all times.
- Only tube down the designated tubing lanes.
- Do not push, pull or bump into other riders.
- Observe the runout area and come to a stop before exiting the tubing lanes.
- Do not attempt to stop or slow down the tube with your hands or feet.
- If you have a medical condition or injury, consult with our staff before tubing.
- If you see any unsafe behavior or conditions, alert a staff member immediately.
- By following these guidelines, riders can enjoy summer tubing at Canyon Ski Resort with maximum safety and enjoyment.